Thank you, NAID!
July 30, 2015
As my time as a NAID staff member is drawing to a close, I wanted to take this opportunity to reflect on how NAID has helped those of us who have utilized NAID’s tools and resources.
I have a bit of a unique perspective since I have been employed by active and associate members of NAID, elected to the NAID Board of Directors as a member and president, and employed by NAID for the past two years. At the end of this month, I will be working for a supportive associate member of NAID, Vecoplan, so I am not really going away, unfortunately for you!
As I move on to my next role, I will continue to champion the mission of NAID because I have always believed that the companies that utilize their memberships to the fullest are the fastest growing companies in the industry. Bob Johnson and the rest of the staff at NAID work tirelessly to continue to add value to the members and the industry. If you are curious about what you can do to fully utilize your membership, here are some ideas:
- Volunteer on one of NAID’s committees, like the Public Relations or Conference Committees, as examples.
- Listen in on a monthly NAID Board of Directors conference call. These are open to all members. Hear what is being discussed to stay up to date on the industry.
- Attend one of the two face-to-face NAID board meetings. If you are already at the annual conference, it is easy to attend the meeting at the end of the conference. It is open to all NAID members.
- Attend the NAID conference every year. It is the “Super Bowl” of shredding. You owe it to yourself and, most of all, your business.
- Make sure all key team members get shreducated! The regional Shred School workshops are perfect for you and your team members to get better at what you do. They are accessible and affordable for everyone.
- Earn your CSDS accreditation. Knowledge is power and knowing how you can help your clients become compliant is an essential part of your trusted adviser status.
- Use the Compliance Toolkit and the NAID Employee Training DVD to help your clients fulfill their compliance obligations. I am surprised at how many NAID members have never used these tools.
- Get NAID certified. Now NAID has a subsidy program to help you get certified.
- Network, network, network with other members!
Thanks to NAID for the past two years and thanks to all the NAID members for utilizing your memberships. It has been a great ride and I will see you soon!