The i-SIGMA® Code of Ethics and Complaint Resolution Council establishes a system for members to hold each other accountable. i-SIGMA will take action against any industry company engaging in harmful activities or producing materials with false information.
Code of Ethics
Members of i-SIGMA agree to:
- Identify and fulfill the terms and conditions of our contractual agreements in good faith.
- Respect the confidential nature of the customers’ records and maintain appropriate protection to prevent any disclosure of such information except when required by law.
- Implement best practices and quality control to keep facilities, employees, controls, and procedures compliant with regulations.
- Remedy misleading or false information without unnecessary delay.
- Refrain from engaging in, nor allowing the use of, statements that are false, misleading, incomplete, or likely to mislead consumers or members of the public.
- Invest continually in improving industry knowledge, resources, practices, products, and services.
- Facilitate peer education and participate in information exchanges among members to advance and improve the industry.
- Uphold and improve the integrity of the industry by affirmations of truth, fairness, and professional conduct.
- Never mislead the customer or the public by representing general paper recycling as a form of destruction.
- Never mislead the customer or the public by representing self-storage as a form of responsible information management.
- Abide by Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Abide by, and be subject to, the Bylaws of the Association.