Member News: Avis Recycling & Waste Division Announces Organization Changes
April 26, 2023
Upland, IN/Cordele, GA – With mixed emotions, the Recycling & Waste Equipment Division of Avis Industrial Corporation announces the retirement of Dave Kowaleski, president and general manager of American Baler Company, i-SIGMA Corporate Partner Member Company, effective this June. On behalf of the Division we extend our best wishes to Dave and are profoundly thankful for 47 years of dedicated service and leadership at the only company he ever called home.
As we continue to integrate the three baler companies within the Recycling & Waste Equipment Division and concurrent with Dave’s retirement the following organization changes are announced:
- Nate Kuhl is named general manager, American Baler and site leader, Bellevue Ohio operations. Nate previously served as plant manager, American Baler and has been with the organization for 15 years.
- Roger Griffin – president and general manager, International Baler Corporation (IBC) is named to an expanded leadership role as site leader, Baxley Georgia operations while continuing in his leadership role for IBC.
- Jerry Lott is named site leader, Cordele Georgia operations. Jerry previously served as plant manager, Harris Cordele and has been with the organization for 4 years.
- Mary Johnson is named director, Inside Sales and Order Administration. Mary previously served as general manager, Harris Baxley, GA operations and has been with the organization for 30 years.
- All of the roles will report directly to DJ VanDeusen, president, Harris and Recycling & Waste Equipment Division and will support Mark Murphy, vice president Manufacturing and Supply Chain and Gordon Hill, vice president Commercial Operations as they identify opportunities to leverage best practices and maximize capacity across the 4 operating locations.
“While it’s bittersweet to have Dave move on to a very well-deserved retirement, I am excited to have the team in place across our operating locations to ensure our customers benefit from the breadth of solutions that we have to offer and our ability to expand our capacity for reduced cycle times.” says DJ VanDeusen.
The three companies comprising the Recycling & Waste Equipment Division have been in business for 289 years combined, offer unmatched recycling and waste compaction solutions, operate four manufacturing locations and support the largest global installed base of balers for recyclables. The combined product offering of the Division includes single-ram, horizontal, two-ram, ferrous and specialty balers, scrap metal and automobile shear/baler/loggers, heavy-duty shredders and high-volume waste and scrap compactors.
Based in Upland, Indiana, Avis Industrial is a privately held industrial holding company. Through its 11 wholly owned subsidiaries, each trusted brands in their sectors, Avis is an innovative and diversified global supplier of quality products and creative solutions.