Congratulations New CSDS Accredited Professionals
April 25, 2018
The Certified Secure Destruction Specialist® Accreditation (CSDS) Program promotes and acknowledges an individual’s competency in a range of subject areas related to the secure destruction of information and the secure destruction of other items. Unlike the NAID AAA Certification Program, which verifies the ongoing compliance of an organization, CSDS credentials recognize the individual as an expert professional in our field.
The following persons studied for and then passed the newly revamped exam, which now contains essay questions and utilizes the book, Information Disposition: A Practical Guide to the Secure, Compliant Disposal of Records, Media and IT Assets as a study guide. The exam took place earlier this month in Nashville, TN during NAID 2018. We congratulate each of these individuals on now officially becoming a Certified Secure Destruction Specialist (CSDS):
- Adam Coroleuski, CSDS of Computer Recycling Center
- Amanda Cavanah, CSDS of Access
- Derek Taylor, CSDS of American Document Securities
- Jeremy Madsen, CSDS of Valley Green Shredding, LLC
- Keith Eriksen, CSDS of Reed Records Management
- Kenneth Haas, CSDS of Abraxas
- Kristee White-Ely, CSDS of Data Guardian
- Matt Yaskovic, CSDS of ZEROTrace
- Michael Harstrick, CSDS of Garner Products Inc.
- Michael Hutchcraft, CSDS of Clover Technologies Group
- Rob Grubaugh, CSDS of Royal Document Destruction, Inc.
- Thomas Eaton, CSDS of Alaska Archives
- Thomas Light, CSDS of Certified Document Security, LLC.
- Tim Henning, CSDS
NAID Director of Certification Operations Katie Mahoney said, “The CSDS exam is rigorous, covering data protection legislation, physical security, risk management, operations and records management. Passing it truly establishes an individual’s competency in a wide range of industry issues and empowers them to better serve their customers. I’m very proud of all of our new specialists.”