Prospering in the New Data Protection Environment in Canada
Get ready for more profits!
In this one-day seminar, records shredders, electronics recyclers, and IT asset disposal and information management professionals in Canada will learn how new data protection requirements affecting their current and prospective clients create an unparalleled opportunity to make more money.
- Data Breach Notification: On November 1, 2018, mandatory breach notification becomes law across the entire country for the first time. The new requirement dramatically affects businesses in every province. The new requirement has already proven to create more demand for secure destruction.
- GDPR: Europe’s new data protection law has important global implications that affect many Canadian firms. Moreover, Canadian lawmakers have specifically and publicly stated that the GDPR is the model for forthcoming PIPEDA amendments.
- Recent government recommendations for updating PIPEDA provide direct insight into the future of data protection, as do proposed amendments to a number of provincial data protection laws.
- How to minimize the impact of commodity prices by maximizing data destruction service revenue
- How to make more money by mitigating clients’ data breach notification exposure
- The seven simple things the law requires of the service provider, and how to translate those policies into more profits
- How to increase margins by changing the discussion from price to compliance
- How to defend your client base in the face of these changes (and how to put a competitor’s clients in play)
They say that knowledge is power. By attending the “Prospering in the New Data Protection Environment in Canada” Seminar, data protection and information management professionals will get the knowledge they need to seize the profits of the evolving marketplace.