2020 Europe Events have not yet been announced. Please check back for details in the future or Subscribe Today to receive announcements specific to Europe Regional Events & Topics.
NAID Europe Seminar
Making the Most of the GDPR
Thank you everyone who was able to attend this NAID Europe Seminar, focusing specifically on the then forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It was both well-received and eye-opening. Industry professionals representing the top service providers across the region were in attendance.
The GDPR marked a dramatic increase in data protection requirements for all businesses in Europe, as well as businesses outside the region that possess information of European citizens.
Among the Most Important Requirements:
- Significantly higher fines (up to 4% of annual turnover)
- The imposition data breach notification
- A new GDPR contract to address specific compliance clauses
- The required appointment of a Data Protection Officer
- Recognition of Industry Certifications by the European Data Protection Board
- A requirement to be able to demonstrate compliance
Session Topics Included:
- An overview of the new regulation by Gary Cywie of Allen & Overy
- What data breach notification means for secure destruction service providers
- The unveiling of the new GDPR compliance NAID-Europe service contract
- NAID-Europe’s strategy to have AAA Certification recognized by the European Data Protection Board
- What the regional service providers forecast as the result of the GDPR
The GDPR went into effect on 25 May 2018. NAID-Europe has been busy continuing to help members since then.
Thank you to our Sponsors >>