Board Adopts Code of Ethics
The i-SIGMA Board of Directors has approved the Code of Ethics to which members of NAID and PRISM International will be held accountable.
“Being bound by a common Code of Ethics is one of the most important tenets of any association,” says i-SIGMA co-president Angie Singer Keating of Reclamere. “Of all the good that comes from working together as an industry body, holding each to standards of integrity and trust is the foundation.”
The Code of Ethics
All members of i-SIGMA agree to:
- Identify and fulfill the terms and conditions of our contractual agreements in good faith.
- Respect the confidential nature of the customers’ records and maintain appropriate protection to prevent any disclosure of such information except when required by law.
- Implement best practices and quality control to keep facilities, employees, controls, and procedures compliant with regulations.
- Remedy misleading or false information without unnecessary delay.
- Refrain from engaging in, nor allowing the use of, statements that are false, misleading, incomplete, or likely to mislead consumers or members of the public.
- Invest continually in improving industry knowledge, resources, practices, products, and services.
- Facilitate peer education and participate in information exchanges among members to advance and improve the industry.
- Uphold and improve the integrity of the industry by affirmations of truth, fairness, and professional conduct.
- Never mislead the customer or the public by representing general paper recycling as a form of destruction.
- Never mislead the customer or the public by representing self-storage as a form of responsible information management.
- Abide by Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Abide by, and be subject to, the Bylaws of the Association.